I don't know about you, but I feel that every song I listen to holds a fragment of my memories. I'm sure you know what I mean though. When a old song plays in the background, you suddenly think of someone or something because you use to hear it all the time when you're around that person, or you use to play it on repeat and remember what you did during those times. Yeah, that's it. Even if I were to forget a moment, hearing the song brings everything back. Each song reminds me of something different. I could think of a song which reminds me of each close friend or anything else such as games, volleyball, my childhood, whatever. But sometimes, it's because of those memories that I can no longer listen to an old favourite song. It's sad when a song that use to make you smile all the time becomes a song which brings tears to your eyes. “Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory.” Even if a memory was healed, it cannot be deleted. Instead, we forgive what we cannot forget and change the memory into a hope for our future.
Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of music which makes me smile and dance. But it is currently 3:30 AM and the time for slow jams. I played my playlist '<3' and I couldn't help but have memories flowing into me through my ears. "Music is what feelings sound like." Btw, this playlist isn't named <3 because they're my favourites. It was created solely for the songs that gave me memories I wanted to remember. Not a single song will be deleted thereafter, so the unfolding memories they give me will be unpredictable.
When I want to think about something, I listen to the memory. Yes, listen. Call me crazy, but it's what I really do.
That's all for today's "What's on my mind" channel ! Stay tuned for the next episode ! LOL :D
♥
October 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm glad someone out there does the same. You're not crazy, you're just wise.
soooo......volleyball memories......playing vball would help you relive those memories by actually FEELING the ball and stuff and what it's like to bump, and to set and win a point.....
WOAH DAVID YOU CHECK ON BLOGGER? :O LOl uuummm yeah i do miss vball but only the highschool season.
I was bored and your 10 day challenge made me curious to what you'd say :P
Post a Comment